Wednesday 25 June 2008

SPA QUALIFIED!

FEW, it's over. I got back last night from my SPA assessment course at Glenmore lodge, with a smile on my face.

I passed the assessment course, and have been given the Single Pitch Award from Mountain Leader Training UK. It means i can work for outdoor centres, and as a self employed climbing instructor teaching people how to climb and organising climbing sessions indoors/outdoors.

My aim for the next few years is to gain a number of other NGB qualifications, namely the Mountain leader award (for hill/mountain walking and scrambling), then the Mountain instructor award (for multipitch climbing and hard scrambling). This should take me at least a couple more years, but hey, it's the journey that's fun, not the destination...

PS, thanks to all those who helped me get there especially Ellis, Amanda, Phil and Dave (my referee) and all of the others.

No comments: